Every year Laco is issuing a very special watch as part of the build up to 2025 and the company's 100th birthday. Last year it was a Scorpion diver and for 2022 they have gone back to their roots with a unique take on the classic Pilot watch.
Limited to just 97 pieces, Edition 97 pays tribute to the pioneering spirit of the age of flight however uniquely the case is made from bronze, the dial is green and the watch is reduced to a more contemporary diameter of 42mm.
Environmental factors such as salt water, contact with skin and humidity will affect patina formation of the bronze so the watch will evolve with you. The Edition 97 is water-resistant up to 10 ATM and comes equipped with a distinctive onion crown and stainless steel case back. The dark green dial provides a sophisticated contrast to the matte bronze of the case.
Fashioned in the classic “Baumuster B” style, the hours are subtly displayed in an inner circle, while the minutes are magnified on an outer ring. For ultimate legibility the large numerals are coated with luminous Super-LumiNova “Old Radium”. In keeping with the historical layout, only every second numeral of the outer circle is luminous. The thermally blued hands are also filled with luminous material. A weathered leather strap with Laco characteristic rivets and a bronze pin buckle completes the vintage look. The precision expected from Laco is offered by the company’s Calibre 200, which is based on a Sellita SW200. Like the other editions, the new Edition 97 comes with a matching gift case, including a limited pin and certificate of authenticity.
EDITION 97 PILOT: Limited up to 97 pieces
- Vintage Pilot watch with sandblasted bronze case
- Ø 42 mm, height 12,8 mm, lug width 20 mm, water resistant up to 10 ATM, double curved sapphire crystal, anti-reflective coating on the inside, case marking FL23883, stainless steel case back with B-Uhr marking, crown execution according to B-Uhr with “97” relief, limited edition number engraved on the case back
- Automatic movement Laco 200, base: Sellita SW200 (Elaboré), 26 jewels, 3 hands, second hand stop
- Green mat dial, arabic figures and indexes partially coated with luminous material Super-LumiNova Old Radium
- Hour and minute hand thermally blued, all hands filled / coated with Super-LumiNova® Old Radium
- Brown two-part calf leather strap with light stitching, vintage look, 2 brass-coloured rivets per strap side, 20 mm strap width, bronze buckle with Laco logo
- Weight: approx. 92 g
- Green gift box with matching cardboard box, including limited pin and certificate of authenticity
- RRP: €1,490 with estimated date of delivery: mid-December 2022
Exciting News! Explore the winter wonderland with our latest additions to the best-selling Ocean-Scout collection, now available on WatchGecko. True adventurers embrace all seasons, and we're thrilled to present two new frost-inspired designs for...
'Tis the season to be timely, and what better way to get yourself prepared for Christmas than with some helpful Christmas gift guides. If you have a watch collector or horology enthusiast in your life,...