Given the current situation with COVID-19, Breitling has launched their new key collections via a webcast
In light of the current situation with COVID-19, Breitling opted to launch their new key collections via a webcast - a decision which weâ€™re sure many watch enthusiasts were grateful for! The Breitling Summit Webcast, which took place on 16th April 2020, saw the launch of the Breitling Chronomat Collection, the Breitling Navitimer Automatic 35 and the Breitling Superocean Heritage â€˜57 Capsule Collection. Now, letâ€™s take a look at each of these in more detail.
1. The Breitling Chronomat collection
The new Breitling Chronomat collection encompasses the epitome of an all-purpose sports watch, at home both on the red carpet and at the beach. We have no doubt that todayâ€™s passionate and fashionable adventurers will certainly be equally drawn to the new Chronomat Collection, whose watches perfectly reflect Breitlingâ€™s commitment to creating authentic, everyday luxury for men and women of purpose, action, and style. The eye-catching Rouleaux bracelet with a butterfly clasp perfectly expresses Breitlingâ€™s modern-retro style, as does the signature rotating bezel with rider tabs.
The history of the Breitlingâ€™s Chronomat
The Chronomat holds a significant place in Breitlingâ€™s history. Originally introduced in 1984, when extra-thin quartz timepieces were the order of the day, Breitling placed a bold bet on an impressive mechanical watch that proved to be a winner and became an icon of its era. Nearly 40 years later, the redesigned Chronomat aims to appeal to todayâ€™s generation of men and women of purpose, action, and style.
While the Chronomat has long been established as the watch of choice for aviators, it also found a passionate following among people whose adventures took place not only in the air, but also on land and at sea â€“ above and below the surface. In fact, its versatility added to its allure in the late 1980s and early 1990s as its tachymeter attracted the interest of Formula 1 teams, while its reversible rider tabs made it ideally suited to regattas.
- The signature rotating bezel is highlighted by rider tabs, which not only protect the crystal but make the manipulation of the bezel easier.
- The rider tabs at 3 oâ€™clock and 9 oâ€™clock, true to the original, are interchangeable, so the wearer can use them either for a â€œcount upâ€ or â€œcount downâ€ function.
- The highly recognizable stainless-steel integrated Rouleaux bracelet with a butterfly clasp.
- Each chronograph in the new collection is powered by the Breitling Manufacture Caliber 01, an in-house mechanical movement that delivers an impressive power reserve of about 70 hours.
- The hands of every Chronomat B01 42 are coated with Super-LumiNova ®, a luminescent material that enhances legibility in all lighting conditions.
- All of the models except for the Chronomat Frecce Tricolori Limited Edition have a red chronograph second hand, which also contributes to easy readability.
- Like all Breitling watches, the Chronomats are COSC- certified chronometers, an independent confirmation of their precision.
- All of the models are water-resistant to 20 bar (200 meters).
- The watches are available with a range of different metal and dial options
2. The Breitling Navitimer Automatic 35
The elegant 35 millimeter Navitimer Automatic, designed for women of style, action, and purpose. The modern take on the Navitimer Automatic 35 has a distinctly sophisticated personality inspired by some of the most impressive Breitlings of the 1950s. It is the ultimate statement of elegance and the perfect accessory for any occasion, whether itâ€™s a meeting in the boardroom or a weekend getaway.
Women who wear the Navitimer Automatic 35 will be wearing a timepiece that not only reflects their unique stylish flair, but also carries on one of watchmakingâ€™s greatest traditions.With a high-performance mechanical movement at its heart and iconic design elements, the Breitling Navitimer Automatic 35 writes a new chapter in the history of this collection.
The Navitimer Automatic 35 takes the design inspiration for its striking, sophisticated beaded bezel from the Navitimer Ref. 806. The clean three-hand dial is an affectionate nod to the Ref. 66, which was launched in the 1950s, and its iconic circular slide rule holds a special place in the hearts of Breitling enthusiasts everywhere. The red-tipped second hand contributes to the watchâ€™s excellent legibility.
The Breitling Navitimer Automatic 35 With a choice of colourful dials, a mother-of-pearl dial set with diamonds, and alligator leather straps, these stunning new models have been designed for the cosmopolitan, stylish woman on the go.
- The Navitimer Automatic 35 is available in four different versions, each powered by the Breitling Caliber 17, which delivers a power reserve of about 38 hours.
- Like all Breitling watches, they are COSC-certified chrono meters, an independent confirmation of their precision.
- The first is offered with a 35 millimeter stainless-steel case with a choice of a blue dial presented with a blue alligator leather strap, a copper dial with a brown alligator leather strap, or a silver dial with a burgundy alligator leather strap. The straps feature a pin or folding buckle, and each version of the watch is also available on a stainless-steel Navitimer bracelet with a folding clasp.
- The second version also features a 35 millimeter stainless-steel case with a white mother-of-pearl dial and diamond hour markers. It has a burgundy alligator leather strap with either a pin or folding buckle and is also available with a stainless-steel Navitimer bracelet with a folding clasp.
- The Navitimer Automatic 35 is also available as a two-tone watch with a 35 millimeter stainless-steel case and a luxurious 18 k red gold bidirectional rotating bezel. Its white mother-of-pearl dial is highlighted by diamond hour markers, and the watch is presented on a brown alligator leather strap with a pin or folding buckle or a two-tone Navitimer bracelet in stainless steel and 18 k red gold with a folding clasp.
- Last but not least is the Navitimer Automatic 35 in 18 k red gold with a white mother-of-pearl dial and diamond hour markers. This striking watch is delivered with either a brown alligator leather strap with an 18 k red gold pin or folding buckle or an 18k red gold Navitimer bracelet with a butterfly clasp.
3. The Breitling Superocean Heritage â€˜57 Capsule Collection
A tribute to the laid-back lifestyle of surfers from the 50s and 60s, the Breitling Superocean Heritage â€™57 Capsule Collection takes its inspiration from the brandâ€™s original SuperOcean from 1957. These models introduce some interesting twists to one of the worldâ€™s true diving icons, with each watch in the collection serving as a modern interpretation of a classic sea watch.
It is the embodiment of pure Bohemian chic, and would be right at home somewhere between the Beat Generation and Woodstock. The watch is all about color; there are the splashes of color marking the hours at 12, 3, 6, and 9 oâ€™clock on the dial. The hour markers and the hour and minute hands are coated with Super-LumiNova ® in a rainbow graduation of yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet, red, and orange.
And if you want to add even more color, your Limited Edition can be matched to a vibrant Outerknown ECONYL ® yarn strap, which can be purchased separately in one of six color combinations: blue with dark blue stripes and lining, light blue with dark blue stripes and lining, yellow with orange stripes and lining, gray with black stripes and lining, red with black stripes and lining, and green with black stripes and lining.
- It has a 42-millimeter stainless-steel case and bidirectional rotating bezel with an ultrahard black ceramic bezel ring and a black dial.
- The Superocean Heritage â€™57 Capsule Collection is available with two dial options. One has a classic black dial and is presented on a black vintage-inspired leather strap with a pin or folding buckle, while the other has a blue dial and is equipped with a brown vintage-inspired leather strap with a pin or folding buckle.
- Both designs are available with an integrated Ocean Classic stainless-steel bracelet with a butterfly clasp.
- There is also a two-tone version featuring a bidirectional rotating bezel in 18k red gold with a black ceramic ring. This striking watch has a black dial and is available with either a gold-brown vintage-inspired leather strap or an Ocean Classic stainless-steel bracelet with a butterfly clasp.
- The models have a bidirectional concave stainless-steel bezel with an ultrahard scratch- and shock-resistant ceramic bezel ring, whose luminescent dot at the 12 oâ€™clock position is an ideal feature for a dive watch.
- They are powered by the Breitling Caliber 10, which offers a power reserve of approximately 42 hours.
- Like all Breitling watches, they are COSC-certified chronometers, an independent confirmation of their precision and performance.
- The Superocean Heritage â€™57 Limited Edition is a boutique watch limited to only 250 pieces, and the caseback is engraved with the words â€œONE OF 250â€.