Oris pairs up with independent Japanese company Momotaro Jeans to create a special edition Divers Sixty-Five.
Oris is one of the few watch manufacturers that remains privately owned, so it’s no surprise that they’ve decided to collaborate with another independent company, Momotaro Jeans. Momotaro is a spirited Japanese company whose high quality jeans are worn by style-savvy people in the Far East and around the world.
To put it plainly, the partnership makes sense. The independent Swiss watch company combines precision manufacturing with traditional hand-craftsmanship to make beautiful, high-quality watches, and the Oris x Momotaro celebrates a shared spirit.
The special edition Divers Sixty-Five
The timepiece is a steel and bronze version of the iconic Oris Divers Sixty-Five, and comes on an indigo Momotaro denim strap with two white ‘battle stripes’, the denim manufacturer’s famous signature.
- Case - Multi-piece stainless steel case, unidirectional rotating bezel with bronze edge
- Size - 40.00 mm (1.575 inches)
- Dial Gradient - green Luminous material Hands and indices with Super-LumiNova® ‘Light Old Radium’
- Top glass - Bubble-curved sapphire, domed on both sides, anti-reflective coating inside
- Case back - Stainless steel, screwed, special engravings
- Operating devices - Stainless steel screw-in security crown
- Strap - Indigo Momotaro denim with two white ‘battle stripes’, stainless steel buckle
- Water resistance - 10 bar (100 m)
- Number - Oris 733
- Functions - Centre hands for hours, minutes and seconds, fine timing device and stop-second
- Winding - Automatic Power reserve 38 hours
- Special edition - Supplied in a denim travel pouch
- Swiss retail price - CHF 2,100
Founded by Paul Cattin and George Christian in 1904 in the Swiss town of Hölstein, Oris upholds a unique position among Swiss watch manufacturers. Their watches are admired in the industry for their simple yet elegant designs and attractive value for money. Oris continues to innovate their designs, building on their solid reputation as a reliable, functional and stylish watch brand.
Momotaro was launched in 2006 by Mr Hisao Manabe. From the outset, Mr Manabe’s vision was clear: no compromise on quality, aiming to set a new international denim standard. Momotaro today is known by its mantra: ‘Made by hand without compromise’ and is well known in Japan for its high quality denim that embodies the spirit of Japan.
Share this post
Exclusive Hands On With The New Yema Navygraf Maxi Dial
A first look at a new watch coming in a few days…